MVCG’S 6th Birthday Spring Fair – A celebration of community and organic gardening
- Come and learn all about stingless native bees with Dan Smailes from Permaculture Northern Beaches native bee program at 11am.
- Learn how to build healthy soils with compost. Grab a free compost bucket for “drop and swap”. What’s that? You’ll have to come along to find out. You could win a compost bin!
- See how to grow your own organic fruit and vegetables.The chooks will be clearing a garden patch ready for planting and we’ll take you on a garden tour as well as giving you the lowdown on keeping chickens.
- Visit the Hub and see what’s happening in your local environment. Representatives from Freshie Community Garden, the soon to be Curly Community Garden, Baringa Community Garden, Permaculture Northern Beaches, Kimbriki and the Mermaid Pool will be on hand to entice you to become more involved in your local environment.
- We’re busy baking so we’ll have some home made goodies to sell as well as wood-fired herb pizzas and potatoes.
- Local Bayley Dunn, will be entertaining us with his fabulous music.
- And finally.. will you be a winner of the “best plot competition”, judged by Judith Sleipjen, the garden guru from Peninsular Living magazine.